Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Weekend visit with my bestfriend in Vancouver! Feb 18th 2016
Since I just posted about my first big trip solo to see my brother in Vegas, I might as well do a little post on my first trip solo to Vancouver for the weekend! Back when I had only two small children and not three. Honestly, it's crazy how two year ago seems like a whole other life! I feel like a totally different person in some big ways compared to just two years ago!!
I got my hair cut the shortest I have ever gone!! It felt so weird and so nice! Took me a while to get used to. I cut it again to a similar length and have grown it out since, but sometimes I want to go short again! When you have long hair, you want short, when it's short you want long. Geesh!
So here is me with my fresh cut hair!
I went to the Langley Temple first....which was as beautiful as ever!
Then I drove to the heart of Vancouver for some much needed GIRL TIME! 1.5 days of just us. YES! It had been too long. Heather moved to Vancouver, and is very successful in her job with Slack. She loves it and loves living in the city. She got to take me to her job and show me around, which was really cool! But with her in Van means I don't get to see her much anymore. I miss her living in Victoria!! It was so nice to just have us time and no interruptions from children of course:)
We got pizza, went to go in the hot tub, but it had closed haha So the first night we of course talked and talked!
On Saturday we went shopping! Of course! We ate at Japadog and oh man just thinking about it makes me feel sick, it was gross!! We went to Winners, and hit up a huge mall! We tried on some ridiculously expensive hats at Nordstroms, wondering who the heck would ever buy them?!! We got to even go see a movie!
All in all, it was a lovely visit. Didn't want it to end, it went by too fast. Crazy to think we grew up together from grade 8 on. Sleep overs alll the time, joined at the hip at school. Writing our boy crushes and loves with pastels in her secret cubby in her room, graduating, and still staying best friends through the moves, marriage, and everything life threw at us. It's so different now when we get together because of our life situations, but it is so the same. Some friends you have, there is a piece that always stays the same. Those are your true friends, hold onto those. Love you Heather!! BFF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment